Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What day IS it?

I got to work about 11:15 after the oncologist appointment, and for at least the first hour or so I thought it was Wednesday. I'm not sure why, but it was Wednesday until after 1 PM. Maybe I was in a rush to have this week over.

I am so glad that Dr. Raj is a part of this team of mine. She takes the time to listen to what I have to say, and then give her opinion. She agrees that I should go with the bilateral mastectomy, and the DIEP reconstruction. Fancy talk for "whack and redo"; and the best part: the DIEP reconstruction uses tummy tissue and vessels, etc. Essentially, I get a tummy tuck and I don't have to do all those crunches. KSarah has assured me that I will still need to keep that new shape in shape, and has offered herself as exercise partner for the summer. Sounds good to me. I have an appointment set for Thursday morning to talk with the plastic surgeon. Then Monday, the regular surgeon will be back from his trip. I'm hoping that the two procedures can be scheduled for the same time so I only have to be under anesthesia once. But, if it doesn't work out that way, then we go to plan B which is having the reconstruction later. Lill has offered up herself and Jack to help get KS packed into storage at school; I'm hoping this gets scheduled so at least I can go and give direction (orders?) since I won't be allowed to lift anything. I'm feeling more in control today-probably because Dr. Raj's agreement was a certain amount of validation for me.

Lill called and said that she is moving on Saturday. The saga of cat urine in the apartment that "never had any pets" is finally over. She will be moving to a patio apartment, 2 bedroom, for just a little more than she is paying now. I think she's going to be a million times happier because she will have more space and can separate her life into areas-relaxing, studying, sleeping, etc. Best part, it was previously rented by one of the maintenance folks who took out the carpet and put in hardwood floors. So, once she's settled in, she can get a few rugs and she will live happily ever after....or at least happily until Jack gets there.

More cute stuff going on at the apron swap site, and Shawnee is hosted a new one for Mother's Day. As much as I want to be a part of it, I don't think it's a good idea to commit to having to sew in the next few weeks.

Of course, that did not stop me from buying some darling paw print fabric for Donna's smock for the dog shows, or some really cute apple print cotton online for Gadha. I found this site called Bear Paw Quilting that has pages of fabric on sale for 3.99...I will have to tell Angie about it.

I want a YuDu. I have absolutely no reason to get it, but I want it really bad. It makes silk screening so easy, or it looks that way. The next time they have a demonstration at Michael's or AC Moore, I want to go watch it and drool. I am trying to figure out how to justify as a nonfood reward.......and maybe with enough time I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment