Thursday, June 11, 2009

Going Postal

Omi is definitely keeping her promise to Lill to get me walking some each day. Today we went to the Postal Museum and though it is small compared to so many other places here, we spent a lot of time there because it was amazingly cool. Then, after a rest and snack at Capital City Brewing Co., we walked up First St. past the Supreme Court Building, the Library of Congress, etc taking pictures like tourists and having fun until we walked on the wrong side of a barricade and got questioned by the guard-figuring it was going to be pretty bad if we had to call Louis to come bail us out. Fortunately he believed us when we said we had just not paid attention.

Today I received the package from Busy Bee Quilt Designs with my winning pattern in it; and Michelle sent a few other things to keep me busy. I love getting acquainted with this online community of craftswomen. The ideas they have are so fresh and young-gives me all kinds of things to steal when I get back to sewing my aprons!

Tomorrow Omi and I will venture out to the new G Street Fabric Store-the grand opening weekend sale after their move. They're advertising $2.97 quilting prints-great apron stock since I don't seem to be going anywhere with my quilting.

Lou wants to go out for Italian tonight, and since he has been doing so much cooking and cleaning since I got sick, I am taking him out. It should be a lot of fun, though Sarah went off with the girls to a movie-it looks too much like rain for them to venture down to the ballgame downtown.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about the fabric! What a great deal! I'm glad you having fun and staying busy! Though I hope you watch out for the crazies like that gunman yesterday!

    ReplyDelete