Sunday, September 26, 2010

Back at home

Well, I really did not expect to be able to blog while in Cleveland, but we did have a good visit, Peg is doing well, and Lou's dad (Si) got some much needed sleep. I do have news to share: thanks to the help of my computer savvy daughter #1, Lillian, I was able to copy music onto the computer from a VINYL record, and then burn it to a CD for my father-in-law. Back in 2007 I bought this really cool Ion turntable archiver. It plugs in by USB port, and afte ryou load the software, it records the music onto your computer. then-and here's where Lillian was the help-you can burn it to a CD. Since I wasn't sure how to do that from the instructions, she showed me how to save it in iTunes then burn it. It was especially rewarding as the records Si wanted recorded were two albums of violin music by David Oistrakh, a distant relative of his. so, he has new music, and I have a way to put all my old albums on CDS... The world is good tonight!

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic! I've still a lot to learn about computing - but I get by with what I need. It's great to have someone around to help you out. Nice that Si can enjoy his music on CD!

    ReplyDelete