Tuesday, November 3, 2009

WIPs and UFOs

So, now that we are done with Halloween, I'm thinking it may be time to face the STACKS: all those works-in-progress and unfinished objects stacked around the dining room and sewing table in the blue room (just like the White House, we have a Blue Room, but it begs the question: do they have a Yellow Room like we do?).

And now I have incentive...Lou just let me know he will be doing a prospective student interview here at the house on Sunday. And I honestly thought I had until the week before Thanksgiving before I thought about cleaning and moving WIPs and UFOs. Well, I'll just rearrange my thoughts and start organizing earlier than expected.

I wanted to create a master list of things needing finishing, but then realized that the list is probably so LONG that I'd get discouraged and not pick up anything. I did make a list of about 8 items that are recently started and need finishing; I know I have tons more, but they're not needed in the near future.

I'm feeling really good right now and fairly strong, so I want to take advantage of these feelings and move ahead on the things I want to do rather than the things I have had to do. It's almost like the whole cancer adventure happened to a different me, except that I see the scars everyday when I look at my body. I am strong, I am healing, I am Plus 1.

2 comments:

  1. Do it one step at a time
    Don't panick
    Baby steps
    You can do a lot in 15 minutes
    That's what FLY Lady taught me and it's helping me everyday not to be overwhelmed
    Hope it will help you too.
    Take care
    Marie-Noëlle

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, sounds like a great philosophy!

    ReplyDelete