Wednesday, November 11, 2009

To the Veterans

I would like to take a moment to thank all the active service men and women who are at this time defending our country and the ideals it was founded on.

Thank you

I would also like to remember other veterans, some still with us and others not. To my brother, Barney, who served in Germany and then came home and took care of our mom after my dad died. To cousins Mark, Sherlene, Debbie, Shawn and Robbie, active and reserve Air Force. My father, Henry, my uncles Nate, Abe and David who served in World War II and rarely spoke of the horrors they witnessed, some being in on the liberation of the concentration camps and the liberation of Paris. I cannot imagine what families went through waiting for news, and my heart goes out to families today who wait for news.

I am glad that I live in a country where I can say what I think, when I think, where I think. And I am eternally grateful to the men and women who risk their lives and their families' anguish to preserve that right. May G-d bless you and keep you.

1 comment:

  1. Your heartfelt post is very well stated. People too often forget about their liberties. I will not forget them and at what price they come.

    ReplyDelete