Sunday, October 4, 2009

One great weekend

This had been one great weekend. On Friday I did errands and got the lawn mowed-before the rains came. Finally, I beat Mother Nature for once. Saturday I did laundry, cut out the rest of Lillian's costume, cut out the new blocks for the quilting bee, and washed the floors. Today I got a haircut-still short because we continue to have top down weather-and then took a walk with Vera. This time her daughter came along and we went to the track up at the high school. We walked and talked for a little over a mile, and the sunshine kid probably did about a mile and a half on her bike. Not bad for a kid in the "doghouse"-she didn't do her homework yesterday as requested and has lost some privileges...I am so glad those days are behind me.

Lou and I mounted the brackets for the plant light fixtures over the bay window and will let the one hang for a few days to decide if we like the height. We needed to get plant lights up here because when we bring in the more fragile plants for the winter, they don't really get enough light because of the blocking film on the windows. The poor pomegranate usually looks like it died; and I really don't want that to happen.

Yesterday I read about a really interesting non-profit that has set a goal (for October) of delivering 400 quilts to homeless children. I wish I could help, but I have too many projects for October already. There is Lill's costume, my Halloween swap, the flirty and sassy support breast cancer awareness swap, Lill's lap quilt, the baby quilts for Jamie's and Anna's new born baby boys and of course my aprons that I want to start getting finished. Ah, it's good to have a list, and hopefully I will get things crossed off it in a timely manner.

I'm looking forward to a busy week and weekend, then on the 15th we'll go up to Providence to visit Sarah for Parents' Weekend. The band highlights seniors at the football game-scary thought if you know anything about the Brown Band..... but it will be fun to have lunch with Aunt Zelda and Uncle Ed, and to hang out with the KS.

We hope to go into Cleveland for Halloween weekend just to visit, and then we'll be needing to think about Thanksgiving. We've invited Si and Peg to come here-he's got a bazillion frequent flyer miles and could come before and leave after the blackout dates. So, we'll see how that goes.

Then we'll have December when Lillian will be home for a few weeks, maybe KS, too if she's not too deep into research, and that's always fun. We'll try and go to Cleveland for Si's birthday-the Big 8-6, ya know....

I love this time of year-all the color, the breezes, thoughts of my kids being around. Life doesn't get much better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment