Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday, Sunday

I'm actually feeling like something got accomplished today!  Sarah and I ran some errands and got everything done in under two hours.  Once we got home, I started laundry and work on the yellow room as we need sleeping space in there next weekend.  

To clear off one of the beds, I had to go through a whole pile of things that came to us from Lou's mom's house.  It's the first time I've looked at some of it since it came 3 years ago.  Aside from the pictures and candlesticks, there was a collections of Valentine Day cards Lou has sent her over the years-almost all handmade, including the one from college (I think) that was an anatomically correct heart on the front--geez, what my mother-in-law put up with!  I shed a few happy tears.

I did get that part completely ready, the bedding is in the washer to freshen up, and Lou cleaned the whole bathroom-which I was dreading because we haven't used it in a long time.  We used to watch TV downstairs only, but after his stroke and the amputation, it was just easier to watch up here and the blue room etc kind of fell to the wayside in terms of upkeep.  Of course, dealing with the yellow room means I didn't get any work done on the blue room, but I'm still setting September as the deadline for finishing its makeover.....

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you are getting lots of things done!
    we are getting ready to do some painting...I dread it but it needs to be done. and we need to change the carpet in our bedroom too.... ugh!

    I am excited about the bee too! I have not thought about my block yet. I need to go through a few more books....

    still knee deep in babies every chance we get...and we love it!

    hugs
    beebee

    ReplyDelete