Friday, July 27, 2012

Hot! Hot! Hot!

We've been experiencing some really hot weather this summer, even for the DC area.  Yesterday it was 101, and today is predicted to be in the high 90s but the heat index will make it feel like 105 or so.  Reminds me a lot of CA, but we don't have a pool in the backyard to jump into here.  Instead, I will work in the cool of the downstairs and hope that nothing comes up to make me go outside!

I have made major progress clearing the blue room and the first bulk trash haul-away is scheduled for today.  the email confirmation I got does not exactly list what I told the guy we had, so it will be interesting to see if it goes or stays on the lawn.

The question has been raised about putting in a laminate floor as opposed to tiling the floor.  I sometimes wish the kids didn't have such good reasons for their opinions because now, in good conscience, I need to read about tiling before I make my final decision.

The corrective surgery is scheduled for next Thursday on my left eye so as of Friday, G-d willing, I will have two eyes to use and depth perception should return!  That will be wonderful.

If you're going to have heat today, please remember to stay hydrated.  If you're going to have rain or normal weather, send some of it to the mid-Atlantic!

1 comment:

  1. I never imagined that it could get that hot where you live. It has been hot here but we get a little rain storm every afternoon and that cools it off.
    I think tile is a great idea. No worries about water damage after you put tile in. I have it in my house!

    hugs
    beebee

    ReplyDelete