Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fall-apart Day?

Did you ever feel like you  need a fall-apart day?  That's what I'm feeling right now.  I cannot motivate to pay bills, gather laundry, clean house or anything.  The last few weeks have been so full that I need a day to sit with my feet up and a book.  I did make two important calls, and I did keep my morning appointment, but other than that I have done NOTHING.  I have mentally organized tomorrow, so I don't feel guilty at all about sitting and doing not-so-productive things.

My friend Beebee has taken up the organization of a new round of the Bee Balm online quilting bee.  I'm jazzed, ready to sew and get some cool blocks made.  We'll be getting the info soon and it'll start in the new year.  It's really nice to have this to look forward to.

Work progresses in the basement.  My goal is to have the blue room finished by September.  I hope to move the furniture out under the deck this weekend.  Then it should only take a few hours to rip up the rest of the carpeting.  We have to choose new lighting fixtures, and then paint.  Lou is leaning toward white or some off-white variety, but I'm so used to calling it the blue room I think it needs to stay blue.  It may possibly need to be a softer blue, or an accent wall blue, I'm not sure yet.  I would love to build in some storage, but that's really not an option right now.  It just needs to get finished!  I made major progress last Sunday working on the sewing storage in the laundry room-I've got 2 bins of fabric organized and two bags of notions to sort through.  I did decide to bag and donate a lot of the yarn I had down there.  As Lilli pointed out, every time I start a new project I buy yarn anyway, so why keep all of it?  So far, I have one huge bag of yarn set for donation, but I still have 3 or 4 bins to go through and may find more.

I'm glad to be home after the passing of my father-in-law's wife.  Even though it's tough for him, it's a blessing that she is now at peace.  Altzheimer's is truly a decimating disease, not only to the patient but to the family trying to cope.

I'm hoping the weatherman is right and we get a nice cooling off this evening, but I'm not holding my breath.  It's hot, it's humid, and I'm glad I'm inside with the fans going!

No comments:

Post a Comment