Saturday, January 14, 2012

Amazing people

I have been blogging for a few years now. I started while I was recovering from cancer surgery and continued as I got involved in online groups of apronistas and quilters. I entered a few swaps and a few bees. These wonderful people have been so supportive through my recovery, through my husband's stroke, recovery and then his foot surgery.

Recently I asked my bee buddies to make me multicolored shapes rather than a block for my month. The plan was to make a lap quilt for my father-in-law's wife who had recently entered a care facility and was spending most of the time in a wheelchair. One of the important tasks caregivers do with dementia patients is repeatedly point out familiar things to keep their minds active. With the winter coming I wanted something warm for her. I planned to mount the shapes on black fleece to stand out, and backed it with a floral print flannel. Well, of course, the group came through in ways I had not ever expected! Eleven buddies sent 25 cutouts in rainbow colors. What wonderful people there are in the world, and I am glad they are in my corner of it.


I wanted to post this earlier, but life has a way of messing with my plans. I just want everyone to know that I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me create something that will bring warmth and color on a daily basis.

xxooxx,
San-Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment