Monday, July 13, 2009

Lots to catch up on!

First things first-go look at the Apron goddesses to see the darling aprons by jillie willie and enter to win-too much fun.

Sarah and I drove to Cleveland last Thursday-and I didn't have computer access so I didn't write anything-and had a busy time! Thursday night she hung out with Grandpa and Grandma Peg while I met Big Lou and about 30 people from my high school class for dinner. Our 40th reunion is this fall, and apparently a bunch of people have been getting together once a month. It was really fun, and a riot to see some of these people I haven't seen for 40 years. Most were from Roosevelt, so the junior high buddies are getting together. Unfortunately, on the way home we hit a deer, the deer was stunned but Miss Lucy took a hit to the bumper and license plate holder--she sort of looks like she has a split lip. the bumper is cracked about 6-8 inches down in the exact middle, and we had to tie one side of the license plate on so we wouldn't lose it. We'll have to wait to get it fixed, thank G-d there wasn't any mechanical damage (knock wood).

Friday we went to the cemetery to visit with Aunt Dorth, it was nice except for the guy mowing the lawn not too far from us. Then we met Alan and Marcia for lunch and they had Zach with them-he is 14 months now and really a cutie!

Saturday we hung out with Grandpa again, spent some time visiting with Arnie and Suzie and Debra, then had dinner with Grandpa and Grandma Peg.

Sunday we went to the stone setting for Big Lou's dad and the rabbi kept it going pretty fast-he said some nice things and still got everyone out of the sun in a half hour. Then we drove back to Maryland and it was pretty pleasant, Sarah dozed and I played cds that I'd never get to play if Lou was in the car....

The best part was that justice was served: there are a lot of obnoxious drivers in MD, and one passed us at about 85-90 mph in one of those cars with the noisy mufflers and rear spoilers. He was weaving in and out of traffic to get wherever faster. About 2 miles after he passed us in Rockville, we saw him pulled over by an unmarked police car. Thank you, G-d.

Work was a little weird today because we couldn't print for the longest time, still can't print to the printer next to me. It's going to be interesting to try and print checks on the master printer tomorrow......

1 comment:

  1. Oh it's good to hear you're having a good time! My 95 year old neighbor and friend Wilma passed on this morning and I needed a lift! She was one of those really special people--the ones you never forget. How's your lucy swap going? I'm anxious for the 20th so I can mail mine--just a couple of small projects yet to do. Yet another apron I kinda want to keep! Can't post any sneaks since we all check out each other's blogs! How's Sarah's sewing coming along? I made another bag today, I love it! I'll post about it soon. Love you!