Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010



I have much to be thankful for this year: my body remains cancer free, my family and friends remain close to my heart and sources of joy to me, and most importantly, Lou is back on his feet! "Das Boot", the huge boot given to him at the last doctor visit to protect his foot while he begins to stand and move about again, is working well enough that he is back in the kitchen--a huge relief to me (and though he has been good about my cooking, I'm sure it's a huge relief to him!) I took this picture about 10 minutes ago while he was happily starting sloppy joes. So, once again we'll eat well at the O household.

It's very weird that no one will be home for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. It's a good thing we had one last weekend in Cleveland. Lou directed, I cooked, and it came out really good. I still do not, and never will, understand how people enjoy cooking....

We've got a relatively quiet weekend planned, I will continue to file paperwork and hopefully get some sewing done. Between the boot and the wheelchair, Lou is fairly mobile on his own, which I'm sure is a great relief to him instead of having me push him all over the house. Although, I have to say, for a man with a PhD he can really be dense sometimes. He was feeling a little cabin feverish when I got home today from work, and suggested he come to the store with me for the short list. Excuse me, the afternoon before Thanksgiving? When everyone and their brothers who hasn't gone out of town is in Safeway for their short list? Well, we went, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Just being out and about- picking ribeye roast for New Year's, chickens for when the girls are home- really lifted his spirits. So, we are getting back to a.b.normal around here, and that's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment