Saturday, August 14, 2010

it's the little things

Yes, it's the little things in life that really count. This morning, I successfully installed the printer driver for Sarah's HP printer on my laptop and Lou's. You must understand that with two daughters and a future son-in-law who are all computer literate, this is not something I have ever bothered to learn. It is something I whine to them about. However, they are all out of the state at the moment-actually, Sarah and Jack are both in London, so I had to do it myself. I was a little hesitant at the 15 steps the download showed, but I really loved it when I attached to the laptop and got the message "cancel this wizard and the system will load the driver itself". Now, that's my kind of computing!

Sarah left for London Thursday evening, and I spent most of yesterday trying to recuperate from the last minute craziness of getting her packed. Today I finished cleaning up Lilli's room so my nephew can sleep there, he's coming in from Oregon via California for a few days. first really long plane ride for him, and the first time he's coming to DC on his own. I'm excited, there's so much cool stuff to do here.

Once he leaves, I will organize my sewing space. I recycled this very large cork board from work last week and plan to list my projects on it so I can get to them. In anticipation of actually getting some holiday sewing done, I ordered about 10 yards of Chanukah themed material last night online. Nothing like stoking up the stash!!

It's good to be back online. Have a happy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment