Sunday, August 9, 2009

Feeling fine

I think I have finally caught up on my sleep from getting up at 5 AM on Friday for the surgery. It went well and I was home in my own bed by 11:30. I slept most of Friday and Saturday, and today have only pain twinges that OTC drugs are taking care of, no need for the narcotics. I have weird looking nipples, and there has been some uplift-but until the swelling goes down, we really don't know what I'll look like. As long as the tests come back "cancer free" I don't really care what it looks like.

I still have some work to do on my Lucy swap, later in the week when I am feeling better I will go to the Society for the Prevention of Blindness thrift store and get some kitchenware for my package. It may be hard to come up to snuff when you look at some of the other packages that people are posting. I'll get my picture soon since Lou brought my camera back from Cleveland.

I am trying to re-dedicate myself to following the weight watchers plan, and therefore have set a long term goal for myself, short term goals to be worked out this week: I want to be in good enough physical shape to go camping and hiking in the Grand Canyon with Lillian next summer. The pictures she sent back are so beautiful, I want to see that place. So, over-achiever that I tend to be, I will be figuring out walking mileage goals and strength training goals to meet so that I will be in shape by June, 2010. I am hoping it will keep my blood pressure down so that I do not have to go back on drugs....

I was pretty pissed off at the black squirrel who frequents the deck yesterday. I watched as he plumped himself down in the pot of the miniature pomegranate tree and just reached over and started eating the newly forming fruits. last summer no one touched that plant and we had lots of miniature fruit for Rosh Hashanah, but this year it may be a battle to keep him out of there. Lou puts out seed 3-6 times a day, so I don't see why he has to go into my plant....

No comments:

Post a Comment