Friday, October 8, 2010

Lost in space

So, to repeat:

(I really hate it when stuff I type gets lost because I hit the wrong key)

The doctor's office has set Lou's surgery for Monday morning. Hopefully he will finally be out of pain once he heals. I am so ready for him to be comfortable again.


My friend Angie has resurfaced in South Carolina. I am glad that she did not disappear completely after getting riffed at work. We had a nice catch up on gchat, and now I have a phone number for her, I can bug her again.

It was strange: going into the fabric store without Angie today. Most of the fabric forays over the last 2-3 years have been with Angie, a bigger fabricolic than I am. But, I survived. I got an outerwear zipper for a jacket I'm repairing, a nice half yard bundle of 5 fabrics to try some gift ideas, and a nice tight cotton weave for Lilli's apron. She needs it to keep the dust off from her rock shaking stuff-so I'm going to get it done this weekend and it will go out next week.

Then I went to AC Moore but they don't have the 99 cent gloves in yet, the kind that stretch to fit anyone. We have found these are the best for Lou to wear to keep his fingers warm when the temperature drops, those fancy Reynaud's Syndrome gloves I bought last year were junk. Expensive junk, but still junk. At least we have a few pairs from last year to get us started this fall.

Then I got a call from Lill that she needed some sequined material to finish her Halloween costume. I went back to G Street and got an exact match for the dress I made her-at least I think it is... so, that will get packed up and off to the post office tomorrow morning, too.

I found a bunch of nice longsleeved tops at Tar-jay today and have gotten them packed up with Sarah's Madeleine costume. I can't find the noise canceling headphones, but they may be downstairs in her school stuff. I will search tomorrow morning when I am fresh.

We are having absolutely spectacular fall weather today, and the weekend is supposed to be just as gorgeous. I sure hope so!

and best yet, my sewing machine is ready for me to play tomorrow. things are really good in my world today!



3 comments:

  1. You sound way too busy! Your quilt block made it into the mail today, finally!! So sorry it was so late. Looking forward to seeing your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be thinking of you both on Monday, hoping all goes well and life just gets better for you both....
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you did have a great day and you got a lot accomplished. I love shopping for my crocheting supplies - I can totally get lost and forget about everything when I'm in a crafts store.
    It's great that you reconnected with your friend and now you can keep in touch. I try to keep in touch with my friends. Since I moved so much in my life, I have them all over ;-) Thank God for the Internet and facebook, I can even chat with my sister in Germany now and again...

    I will say a prayer for your Lou's surgery on Monday and hope that everything will work out well.

    Have a blessed day,
    Doris and Gizzy :-)

    ReplyDelete