Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's not the Ides of March, yet

Well, as long as your name isn't Caesar, you won't have to worry...but then I'm rushing, right? Today is only the 2nd, and the Ides means the 15th. But, you can never be too prepared, and if a soothsayer happens your way, pay attention.

But that isn't really what I wanted to unload. I haven't been writing very faithfully, and I haven't been following my bloggy friends very faithfully, either. I have been just too tired. this working 9 to 5 instead of 8 to 4 in the winter is just dragging me along. It's finally getting lighter when we leave in the morning, and now it's lighter when we get home, and I'm feeling a little better. I think I need my sunshine.

And by the way, as if having cancer wasn't stressful enough and a knock on the old immune system last spring, my body has decided to rebel and I have developed shingles. This is truly another reason why growing older sucks. Pain, rash, itching, blisters, oozing crud; it doesn't get any better than this...

But, I digress. I really wanted to jump on and blog a quick note that the snow is finally almost ALL gone, and that the daffodils are sending up their green shoots!! We may have some jonquils, too, and if you want an explanation of the difference, go over to Julia's blog at "our simple life". Actually, just go to look at her wonderful pictures. she's a scientist with an artist's eye.

And now for the final bit of good news: (Drum roll, bells and whistles) Sarah has been accepted into the Master's Program in Asian Arts at Sotheby's Institute of Art in London. the degree is actually awarded through the University of Manchester, and that's not so shabby either! More news will follow as details become available.....

No comments:

Post a Comment